Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last One From New Orleans - The Pirate's Alley Cafe



This will be my last post from New Orleans. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be moving to Seattle and leaving behind my home in the swamp. I've had some amazing times here and I hope I've managed to capture at least a little of the city's crumbling grandeur in my drawings. It will probably be a month or so until I can post again since I won't initially have access to a scanner in my new home, but I do plan to keep drawing and posting from Seattle.

This pencil sketch was done in the courtyard of the Pirate's Alley Cafe, one of my favorite bars in the French Quarter. I've stopped in there on Mardi Gras day a few times and it's always a great scene. This is one of the many places I'll miss when I leave town tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Nice sketch! Keep it coming bud!
    www.dailyoilpaintings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this post higher! Come on over and talk over with my site . Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an informative blog. I’ve learned something from it. I do have mine too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex, just found your blog, I just posted on mine and hit next blog and here is yours. Awesome drawings! Will have to go look some more.

    ReplyDelete